I don’t like to over-complicate my daily makeup routine. The simple and more polished the better. The only time I “shake things up” is if I’m running low on time where a coat of mascara and a dab of concealer is all I have time for in which case a matte red lip seems to make me look as though I’ve spent all morning getting ready. (Personal fav’s Chanel Rouge Coco “Gabrielle” or Mac “Ruby Woo”)
These are the top 8 products in my makeup drawer that I use EVERY single day. I don’t veer from these brands either, they are tried and true and are long lasting which requires minimal touch up (this comes in very handy when you are bouncing from meeting to meeting) and what can I say, I’m loyal to a fault. Especially when these suckers have never done me wrong.
- Benefit Erase Paste in #2. This stuff is like an eraser for bags and dark circles, and a little goes a long way! This little pot will last 10 months to a year…and I use it EVERY single day. Gives the illusion of a good nights rest.
- Sephora matte lipstick in “brown is back” Super neutral but dark enough to notice you put effort into wearing lipstick, this color goes with any outfit.
- Kat Von D Ink Liner in “Trooper.” Glides across your lids like butter.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow wiz in dark brown. Precise application with a narrow and small tip which mimics hair strands effortlessly. Perfect way to fill in wonky shaped brows like mine.
- L’Oréal Voluminous mascara. I will never cheat on you Voluminous! the arched brush gives me volume and length in just a few strokes and is easy on the pocket book at under 10 bucks!
- MAC Pro Longwear Pressed Powder. I apply this with a brush for a more natural look. I find that this powder sets my concealer in place for the whole entire day. Minimal touch ups required.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. The perfect neutral palette. You can’t really go wrong with any of the colors in here for the day to day grind.
- Nars Blush in “orgasm” The name says it all…. you’ll have one after you try this neutral and dewy perfect pink shade on your cheeks. There’s a bit of shimmer in here which gives you a subtle glow. Extra feature: It’s fun to tell people what you’re wearing as a conversation piece. Let them draw their own conclusion 😉